6.15.2009

Still on the trail

This blog is now officially free from further assignments. That is, nothing posted from here on out (with two possible exceptions of assignments that never quite made it) will be for an assignment, but coming from whatever and wherever I made be preoccupied with at the moment - still gender related, though. I'll likely be stripping the older posts of their labels, since they were almost all existing to make my Professor's life easier when trying to find specific assignments on here. Doubt anyone cares about them, anyhow.

I'm still hot on the trail of whatever-gender-is and have gotten into some fun goodies lately, including a look at the Galli of ancient Anatolia, Greece, and Rome; current trans takes on ancient (and not-so-ancient) religion (including a revival movement); and the urge to document the work of a stand-up comic who is working on a theater piece entailing the performance of butch and transmen's stories. Really.

So I've got my fingers into several different pots right now, but what I'm noticing is that certain ingredients seem to pop up all over the place. That certainly makes my work a bit easier. I can now reference the same material for several projects. Which means, I'm going to be able to start referencing my own stuff sooner than I thought, cause I'm going to be building on my own arguments and interpretations of others' soon. It looks like I may have something to say (that's worth saying) after all. Just peachy-keen if you ask me!

Now, if only Google would decide to resume its Notebooks feature, or Evernote would stop crashing my browser, I'd be able to get it together a whole lot faster! Anyhow, Einstein didn't have a PC or a PDA, and he managed just fine, right? Right. But imagine what the world'd be like today if he had...

No comments:

Post a Comment